Welcome to the Roadrunner Inn!
Thank you for considering Roadrunner Inn in Fort Davis, TX!
Roadrunner Inn is located at the base of Sleeping Lion Mountain, with a nice patio set up to view the mountain.
We have 5 rooms on our main floor, and a loft that is set up as a suite. We also have a separate cottage if you prefer more privacy! Each room has an automatic locking door on it for added security. Each room also contains its own full private bathroom. Each room also has its own mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and TV with a DVD player (but we do NOT currently offer cable). WiFi is included with your rental.
- Room 1 has one queen bed, and a set of twin XL bunk beds. This room is very rustic in appearance, and currently sleeps 4 people. This room may be combined with Room 2 to create a suite. Please contact us for more information on booking this room as a suite.
- Room 2 has two queen beds and a futon couch. This room currently can sleep up to 5 people (though the futon is mainly suitable for small children), and may be combined with Room 1 to create a suite that will sleep a total of 9 people. The double windows in this room give a nice view of the mountain.
- Rooms 3 and 4 are permanently set up as a suite and are always rented out together. These rooms contain 3 queen beds, and a full sized futon. This suite will currently sleep up to 8 people. There are two bathrooms with this suite, each private to a corresponding bedroom.
- Room 5 has one king sized bed in it, and will accommodate 2 people very comfortably. There is a beautiful view of Sleeping Lion Mountain out of the windows in its own private nook!
- Loft 6 is an UPSTAIRS (14 stairs) suite made of two bedrooms and two bedrooms. The smaller bedroom contains one king sized bed and a twin futon couch. The larger bedroom contains two king sized beds and two full sized futons. This loft will accommodate up to 11 people. From the windows in the loft, there is a find view of the town of Fort Davis from one room, and a nice view of the mountain from the other!
- Sleeping Lion Cottage contains one king sized bed, one twin bed, and one queen sleeper sofa. This cozy rental has its own kitchenette and living area, as well as a smaller back patio that is private. This rental will accommodate up to 5 people, though 3 would be preferable.
Each rental has full access to the shared full kitchen (including gas stove top and a double oven), a spacious living area, dining tables, and a kids corner in the front foyer. The kitchen contains another microwave and coffee pot, as well as a k-cup machine, counter top ice machine, and other items.
Please feel free to contact us for further information regarding anything not listed!
Our location is 1/10th of a mile off the main strip, and easily within walking distance of food, shopping, and more! We are approximately 24 miles from Alpine, 22 miles from Marfa, and 33 miles from Balmorhea State Park. We are 15 miles from McDonald Observatory. The drive to each of these places are an absolutely beautiful drive through the mountains.
Places to eat in Fort Davis:
- Lupitas (cash only)
- Stone Village Market
- The Drugstore
- Blue Mountain Bar and Grill
- Poco Mexico (only open for lunch)
Please call ahead to make sure each location is open before heading out, and please note that places here tend to close early in the evenings (by 9:00, some earlier).
Grocery Stores: Family Dollar and Porters
General Shopping: There are many shops up and down the main strip in Fort Davis.